PRERNA was supported by Centre for Catalyzing Change (C3), Ranchi for “Meri Aawaz Program”. The program was implementedat Chhepadohar Village under Barwadih block, Latehar district in Jharkhand. Chhipadohar village is a Tribal dominated village. It is situated at Chandwa Barwadih line segment. It is 25 km from Latehar and 10 km from Barwadih railway station. Chhipadohar is the forest cover area under Betla National Park.The program has three important components:
1. Self-Defense: Karate Training Program for school going adolescent girls.
2. Livelihood: Bee Keeping Training Program for adolescent girls and women.
3. Health: SRH and Life Skill Training Program for adolescent girls and women.
1. Self Defense (Karate Training Program): Under this program,90 school going adolescent girls of Chhipadohar Panchayat in Latehar district in Jharkhand were selected for Karate training program. 90 adolescent girls were imparted Karate Training in 3 batches by our Trainer Jung Bahadur Singh. Identified adolescent girls regularly take Karate training with great zeal and were taught different steps of Karate to the girls. Schoolgirls alsoparticipated in this karate training program. The training was very much beneficial to adolescent girls.They are now able to defend themselves from unsocial elements.
2. Livelihood (Bee Keeping Training Program): A 5 day “Bee Keeping Training Program” (From 06.04.2019 to 10.04.2019) was organizedat Juruhar village of Chhipadohar Panchayatin Latehar district in Jharkhand.30 identified adolescent girls and women of Juruhar village actively participated in the beekeeping training program. 30 adolescent girls and women of Juruhar village were imparted training in batches. After the training program, beekeeping boxes and kits were provided to the beneficiaries. The women have now started beekeeping and getting the benefit of it. PRERNA regularly monitor and providing guidance to beekeepers.
3. Health (SRH and Life Skill Training): SRH and Life Skill training to adolescent girls and women were also initiated by PRERNA from July 2019. We identified 90 adolescent girls and women for this training program. Experienced teachers were recruited for this training program. Essential arrangements for training have been made by PRERNA.